The December Update for Halo Infinite has arrived!
Firefight: King of the Hill, the new Repair Field Equipment, huge additions to Forge with new bosses and High Value Targets added to the Forge AI Toolkit, Custom Game Browser and Ranked improvements—and more.
Here are the highlights of what await you today in Halo Infinite…
FIREFIGHT: KING OF THE HILL
The latest incarnation of Firefight has come to Halo Infinite—Firefight: King of the Hill.
You and three other players face off against waves of Banished baddies as you fight to capture hills in this PvE experience, featuring nine maps—including the House of Reckoning from Halo Infinite’s campaign.
The nine maps featured in the Firefight: King of the Hill playlist are:
- House of Reckoning
- Launch Site
- Live Fire
- Exiled (by Epetr0, SandoChokUN)
- Kusini Bay (by Mr Kwatz)
- Vallaheim (by HaiseOz)
Also, coming this week is a new Waypoint Chronicle (our last one for 2023) themed around Halo Infinite‘s Firefight experience, so keep an eye out!
Need to conduct some repairs while out in the field? We’ve got the perfect Equipment item for you…
Introducing our latest sandbox addition to Halo Infinite, the Repair Field—a neutral piece of Equipment that heals allies, enemies, and even vehicles. It can even revive Spartans in select modes like Firefight: King of the Hill.
Forge continues to be enhanced and improved with exciting new additions, including:
- High Value Targets and bosses from Halo Infinite’s campaign added to Forge AI Toolkit.
- Skull modifiers added to node graph.
- Quality of life updates (global material allow list, scalable blockers, auto turret allegiance options, and more).
Based on player feedback, audio and UI elements for Ranked Extraction have been improved. The Ranked experience will also be getting some quality-of-life updates around CSR.
- Audio from the Extraction device is no longer global, it is emitted from the device itself which means you’ll need to be in its vicinity to hear whether it’s being converted.
- UI will no longer show the Extraction device actively being converted.
- Once you rank up a tier, you will get three games, win or lose, before a loss will rank you down to the previous tier. Additionally, if a player in the match (who is not on your fireteam) quits, you will not lose CSR if you decide to quit as well.
With this update, the Custom Game Browser received some improvements and fixes:
- As long as enough slots are open, the Fireteam leader can bring their entire party into a CGB session.
- Issues blocking players from joining CGB sessions and unclear messaging have been resolved.
The online experience for Halo Infinite continues to be improved upon and we have been looking to address that even further with this update.
- A new networking system has been implemented into Halo Infinite that will be tested in the Firefight: King of the Hill playlist (as PvE is a safer environment for us to test this overhauled system at scale) and will later be tested further in the Combat Workshop.
That closes us out for this latest update. Jump into some Firefight, try out the Repair Field, enhance your Forge maps even further with newly added bosses, test your communication in Ranked Extraction, and enjoy a smoother ride with your friends in the Custom Game Browser…
The December Update for Halo Infinite is live now!