Top ten highlights from the APAC PE, VC, and startup ecosystem this week:
- Singapore Continues to Dominate Southeast Asia’s Venture Funding Landscape
– Singapore startups secured 64% of the region’s total deal volume in the first nine months of 2023.
- SE Asia’s October Fundraising Falls Short of $1 Billion Mark
– Startups in Southeast Asia raised only $663 million in October, below the desired goal of $1 billion.
- US-based Warburg Pincus Bullish on Vietnam’s Private Healthcare and Education Sectors
– Warburg Pincus sees potential opportunities in Vietnam’s healthcare and education industries.
- Saison Capital Highlights the Advantage of Backing First-Time GPs in Uncertain Markets
– Saison Capital believes that supporting first-time general partners (GPs) can be advantageous in unpredictable markets.
- Allianz Global Investors Turns Strategic Focus to High-Growth Markets
– Allianz Global Investors’ Asia private credit business prioritizes India and Southeast Asia for investment opportunities.
- Carlyle Group Lowers Target for Pan-Asia Private Equity Fund
– Carlyle Group reduces its target for its latest pan-Asia private equity fund due to a slowing global economy.
- BPEA EQT in Talks to Acquire Stake in Digital Transformation Consulting Firm Trianz Holdings
– EQT’s Asian private equity arm is in discussions to invest in Trianz Holdings, a global digital transformation consulting and technology services firm.
- Pantheon Launches Global Private Equity Fund to International Investors
– Pantheon introduces the Pantheon Global Private Equity Fund to private and institutional investors across more than 20 countries.
- Dutch Bank FMO Considers $10 Million Investment in Vietnam-focused PE Fund
– FMO contemplates investing $10 million in the second private equity fund of Asia Business Builders (ABB), which focuses on Vietnam.
- OBOR Management Sells Strategic Stake to CIM and Tanncam Investment in Cambodia
– OBOR Management, a Cambodia-based investment firm, sells a 40% stake to Cambodian Investment Management (CIM) and Singapore-based Tanncam Investment.
Disclaimer:This article by is general in nature and based on publicly available information and not intended to be financial advice. It does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell any stock, and does not take account of your objectives, or your financial situation. Note that our articles may not factor in the latest price-sensitive company announcements or qualitative material. While all reasonable care has been taken in the preparation, Smartkarma makes no assurance about the accuracy of any generated data or content. All content is indicative only and should be independently checked for accuracy and confirmed before use. Smartkarma accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage caused as a result of any inaccuracy or error within the Lab online tools or generated data.
Have feedback on this article? Concerned about the content? Get in touch with us directly.
???? Before it’s here, it’s on Smartkarma
Sign Up for Free
The Smartkarma Preview Pass is your entry to the Independent Investment Research Network
- ✓ Unlimited Research Summaries
- ✓ Personalised Alerts
- ✓ Custom Watchlists
- ✓ Company Analytics and News
- ✓ Events & Webinars